9/27/10

That's who I am?

Has someone ever told you their first impression of you and it shocked you?

Or how about someone telling you that you sound one way when you think it sounds a complete different way?

Or maybe you said something and meant it one way but the person took it completely different?

I think we all go through something like that. But what is it about us that thinks we sound normal when really that phrase that just left our mouth came out completely rude or harsh to everyone who heard it?

Is it pride in us that tells us we sound fine? Are we just products of our culture or family atmosphere?

And when we realize that this is a problem and we try to fix it but nothing gets better, what do we do?

We pray for God's help and grace right?

Well, what if I've been doing that for a year and yet still get told that a lot of my remarks come off sounding harsh and rude?

What then?

2 comments:

  1. This is good stuff Smalls.

    P.S. I like the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Smalls. Let me know when you get the answer.

    ReplyDelete