4/8/09

Fund Raising

So with the nice chunk of change that I need to get me through the program, and me without a job right now, my family and I have been brainstorming fund raising ideas. My brother has really chipped in and come up with a lot. Its great to see him do this because he just gets so excited about some of the ideas and it blows me away that he would do this for me when he is already so busy and getting ready to enter college. I'm really blessed to have a brother like Daniel, and while we still argue, I am happy that we are so close. I'm going to totally miss him, and the rest of my family.

Here are some of the ideas we have thought of, some are your standard fund raising plans and some are kind of unique (in my opinion)

Bake Sale with a twist: Instead of having everyone bake something and bring it on a specific Sunday and sell it that day, we are going to have people volunteer to add their specialty to a list, pass that list around and if someone wants it, they sign up for it and when they want it by. So if someone wanted my chocolate chip cookies, they could say they want it for next Sunday and I would bring it to them then but they would pay for it up front. That way, in case they aren't going home right after church, they don't have to carry around a cake with them everywhere.

Silent Auction: Where people donate services or make something and others bid on them in secret by using ballots.

Strong Man Competition: My brother's idea. Where people compete in lifting weights, running, pulling things, etc and others place bets on who will win.

Designing and selling a Victory Fellowship Tee shirt: My brother drew the design and I found a way to put it on computer, its just an idea right now, we haven't picked a final design yet. And on the back will be the name and address of our church. We have to tweak the design so its readable but thats the general idea -->


Car Wash: We will probably do this one a lot on Saturdays during the warmer months.

Donations: I'll be making a little bucket or something and decorate it and put it on a table and let people put spare change in it.

So that's what I have so far. I'm still looking for a job so prayer for that would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also doing nursery on Wed. Nights, its normally Jenny's class but she's being gracious and letting me do it so I can save the money from that. Also any babysitting money will be saved as well.

Psa 37:3 Have faith in the Lord, and do good; be at rest in the land, and go after righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment