4/7/09

Overwhelmed, but in a good way!

So I decided to create this blog as a means to keep track of my year at Masters Commission in Oklahoma. This will follow what I'm doing to prepare for the program, my experience once I get there, and the many places God takes me and my fellow MC classmates. :)

I'm super excited and I just want to be there now! But there is so much to do to prepare that I am a little overwhelmed but its a good thing. The application itself is almost filled out completely, I still have to do a character sketch and a couple book reflections and get a passport.

There's a number of things I have to buy to take with me as well, and a lot of money that needs to be raised. That's another reason I am starting this blog now, instead of waiting til I actually get into the program. You will be able to see the fundraisers I am planning, keep up with how much more money I need and know what to pray for.

So to start off with the amount of money I will need to go is approximately 5,575.00
4,000.00 is tuition and the other 1575.00 will be given to me in monthly increments of 150 dollars to live off of during the year. Also there are many items I need to buy before hand so money for that will be needed as well. Pray that this does not stress me out as money and numbers and figures have always been a stress in my life. I know God wants me to go so I'm placing my faith in that He will provide everything that I need.

On another note, I mentioned that I have to read two books and write a one page response to them. These are to be turned in before I go and I had a list of books to pick from. Luckily, my parents had a few of them already so all I have to do now is pick two and read them.
The books I have decided to read are "Don't Waste Your Life" By John Piper and "The Final Quest" by Rick Joyner.

Even with everything I have to do and obtain for the program, I am just so excited and thankful for the opportunity to go. God's timing is amazing and even though I wanted to go sooner than this, He knew that I needed to wait til this point in my life. I'm blessed beyond belief to have my family and church family to help and support me in this journey and I can't wait to see what God has planned for me. I'm ready to be made into His Vessel.

2Ti 2:20-21 Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but others of wood and earth, and some which are honored and some without honor. If a man makes himself clean from these, he will be a vessel for honor, made holy, ready for the master's use, ready for every good work.






2 comments:

  1. I think this a wonderful idea!! I am looking forward to watching God work in you and seeing what He has in store for this chapter of your life. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you!! Let me know how I can help! Love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete