7/20/13

Art Journal Take One

Hey there! Today I decided that I would show you all one of my art journals. (I have four... Well five if you count my moleskine)

Over the the next few Saturdays I shall showcase a journal and then as I add to those journals I will do updates. Sound good? Hope so.

I apologize if the pictures aren't great. I'm using my iPhone.
If you have any questions about details, please feel free to leave a comment!!!!




This is the cover of one of my art journals. It is actually the third one I started. It was sent to me from a friend off of a mixed media Facebook group. We did a swap where we had to create a cover and one page in an art journal four our partner. This is what my partner did for me. If you want more details about that, there is a video on my YouTube channel.
(createwithapurpose is my screen name) maybe I will edit a link here once I get on a computer)




This is the page my partner created for me. My favorite part is the stitched look on the hearts.




Here is the first page I created in this journal. I was playing around with some new stamps I bought from Tuesday Morning and some home made color sprays. (Water and acrylic paint)




I had a hard time getting this in focus to read. I did this page during church one morning. It was inspired by the song a friend was singing during service. I adore this song. I just used sharpies.




This one is just a background I did using Gelatos by Faber Castell. I was testing them out along with a stamp my mom bought me.




Here I was just doodling with a black sharpie.




Another black sharpie doodle. This one was inspired by a picture a friend of my did and posted to Instagram.




This I also did in sharpie and was inspired by Pinterest.




Again, sharpie. I was practicing some zentangles.




Sharpie doodle, yet again.




I ordered from a mixed media/scrap booking company at the beginning of the year (feb or march ish) and wanted to use some immediately. So this page was created.
I did the tag first. Then the background on the page. Then over a few hours during commercials (I was watching a movie on tv with my mom) I would randomly add things.
There are stamps, crackle paint, scraps of paper, metal clock, stickers and stamps all on here. I also used some more homemade sprays and doodle pens.




And last but not last forever, here is the sketch I shared with you all last Artful Saturday.
Cheers!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment