7/10/13

Beautiful Tuesdays : Introduction

Welcome to Beautiful Tuesdays! (Yes I realize this is Wednesday but this was all typed up yesterday and then my internet fizzled on me. So I'm posting it today!)

Today my post is more background than anything. The whys and hows of my beauty interest.

~~WHYS~~

First of all, I am a woman. ;) I believe that women were given a special gift to see and make beautiful things. (Not that men can't) Beauty inspires us. It touches that soft spot in our hearts and makes our lips spread in that smile that radiates to touch the lives of people around us. Beauty is loving our family and friends. Beauty is found in revamping furniture or a room into a home. Beauty is having fun with makeup to look your best, not look like your friend. Beauty is pampering yourself and loving you. Beauty is being the best you possible. Beauty is NOT copying the magazines. It's NOT going broke buying the latest trends. Beauty is NOT starving yourself to have a size two figure.

"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes."

Love that quote, no idea who said it.

I believe beauty is a feeling, one that everyone, every woman and girl especially should feel. That whole "be your own kind of beautiful" isn't just a cliche. There is truth in that. You are beautiful. You just have to capture it and own it. And its up to you when and how you show it to the world.

Second, I'm a very creative/artsy person. And I treat my body like a canvas, one that I can recreate each day...sometimes twice a day. Make up, clothes, hair, jewelry...tattoos and piercings are all mediums that can be used to decorate the body with.

~~HOWS~~

I learned make up mostly through trial/error and of course, YOUTUBE. ;) It really is a great place to learn anything. (I also learned a lot of my art techniques from watching youtube) There are some seriously talented people that have youtube channels giving away information that is pretty easy to pick up and try on yourself. Though be warned, the more you watch the more makeup you might be tempted to buy. Just know drugstore is mostly as good as high end.

For my style, I just go with what I like. Yes, I participate in some trends. SOME. The ones I like and the ones that look good for my body type and personality. I don't wear things because they are IN right now, nor do I not wear something because its NOT IN right now. I wear things because I like them. However, I will admit that I have not worn something because its IN and I see it everywhere so much that its annoyed me. My wardrobe is about to get a major addition to it because once I start school in September I have to wear all black. I don't have any all black clothing in my wardrobe except once pair of pants. So off to Goodwill and sales racks. That's another thing, I don't have a whole lot of money to spend. The majority of my shopping is sales and thrifting, not full price.

Hair....what can I say other than Pinterest and practice.  ;) Oh and of course YouTube as well. (Now you know what I do in my spare time huh?)

Well that's about it for now. If there are any questions, feel free to ask. I will answer. Please.. ASK!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment