7/27/13

Art Journal Take Two

The following pictures are from the first art journal I started. I was broke and didn't have much. So I used a large journal and glued pages together to make them thicker. I glued three pages together then tore out three so that once the book is done it won't be straining the binding.

If you click the images they will enlarge and you will be able to see more detail. When I get a good laptop I will use my good dslr camera and it instead of my phone.



This is the cover. Painted it brown and used scraps of scrapbook paper and stamps.




The first ever mixed media project I ever did was this page layout. I used some face and eye sketches from a old sketchbook. I added magazine cut outs. And painted the background. The quote says, "Few are those who see with their eyes and feel with their hearts," by Albert Einstein.




This one was done with oil pastel. Inspiration was a random image someone showed me.

"Love is shown in your deeds not in your words. Love blooms where the whole world can see in, in your thoughts and actions."




Paint, chalk, scraps, ink, and drawing.




Chalk and stamps.
"Hope is the thing with feathers, and perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson




Pastels and sharpie
"Let your creativity bloom"





First test with making colored wash sprays and sharpies. Oh and a stamp.




A collage piece. There are lots of layers in this one. Painting. Magazine cutouts. Stamps. The doll is made from napkins. Her body and face was ink.




Left over ink on stencils from a project. And practicing with new stamps.




Out of all my projects and art journal this is the page I dislike the most. It turned out too busy for me.
I used thickers on a page. Covered it with polkadotted tissue paper and used matte gel to paste it over. Used some ink over the words to help them stand out.
Added stamps and stenciling. And some buttons.

"Life is an adventure you must explore"




The heart on the left was a cut out from a page where I was practicing dripping ink.
The words are lyrics from a song our worship leader wrote. My favorite.




Using a credit card to paint. Added some stamps.




Using cheese cloth as texture I felled it down. Then used sprays and paint. I also used modeling paste with stencils. Tissue tape strips and prima flowers were added as well. More stenciling.


And that's it for this journal so far! Any details you have questions about please ask!


- Posted using BlogPress from iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the one with the Emily Dickinson quote. You are so talented, my friend. Ever consider selling your art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of it. Just not quite sure how to go about it really. I mean some friends know about what I enjoy doing and have asked but I'm not sure how to price or circulate what I do. Usually if a friend wants something I just ask them for how much the material would cost. But that's not really making any money lol.

      Delete